This year Inside Indonesia commemorates its 30th anniversary. To celebrate this occasion, we are pleased to launch the Inside Indonesia Photography Competition. The competition calls for images that reflect the organisation's broad interest in social, political and environmental issues. The theme of the competition is taken from the Inside Indonesia website:
"We aim to raise awareness about the diversity of Indonesian society, and about the struggles of those Indonesians who aim to achieve greater democracy, human rights, gender and racial equality, tolerance and environmental sustainability."
At the conclusion of the competition there will be 2 prizes awarded.
- 1 award for best image as chosen by a panel of II judges: $150
- 1 people’s choice winner – awarded to the image with the most votes: $100
- The competition will open on April 1 2013 and close on August 1 2013.
- Entrants must submit entries to the competition via our Facebook hosted application at: Inside Indonesia Photography Compeition
- Entries are limited to 1 photo per person
- Submissions must be made in JPEG, TIFF or PSD file formats.
- A shortlist of 30 entries will be available through the Facebook hosted application where readers may vote for their favourite entry. There is a limit of one vote per user.
- Voting for the People's Choice award will close at 9pm AEST September 1 2013.
- The 30 shortlisted images will be exhibited at the Herb Feith Foundation at the event celebrating 30 years of Inside Indonesia in October 2013.
- The 30 shortlisted entries will be published in a book commemorating 30 years of Inside Indonesia, available for sale through the II website.
By entering your photo/s to the Inside Indonesia Photography Competition, entrants agree to the following conditions:
- The entrants owns the image
- The image is not manipulated or the result of a digital composition
- Entrants may submit a maximum of one image
- While the Eligible Entrant retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries, the entrant grants Inside Indonesia the right to unlimited world-wide use of the photos for organisation brochures, promotion and advertising relating to products or services from Inside Indonesia, including without limitation agreeing to the publication of any finalists' photograph in any form. Note: the entrant still retains ownerships of copyright, albeit with the grant of a broad license to Inside Indonesia to use the photos.